February 13, 2010

Review: Rimmel London Nail Rescue

Ever since I know myself, and started taking care of my nails, I have always had problems. Exfoliating most of the times. And I tried everything out there that i could get my hands on. From drugstores at least...
Now, Rimmel Nail Rescue: brought this about 3 days ago and never used it until now. On the bottle it said that in week 1 you need to apply 2 days in a row the treatment. In week 2 you clean it and reapply it again for 2 days.
This is the first day, so I will keep you posted. On a first feel, the tip of my nails is really white now. On a first glace, it's really shinny, but the kind of shinny that combines the white with the skin color...a somewhat fake nail effect. I like it so far and i do hope that it can finally cure my exfoliating issue.


What other treatments I used:
* Miss Sporty: Nail Expert Manicure, for damaged nails. (LOOOOOVED IT!!! but now I'm out of it, and I'm sobbing after it);
* Kallos, Love Collection, nail repair (uhm...at first, it did the job, or so I thought, but when i took it off, my nails were yellow and chipped in a few hours);
*Essence Whitening & Brightening set (it is mainly for toe nails, but i used on both hands and feet...what I can say is that it is great for french manicure...on its own..not so much...it chipped on me on the second day on almost all the nails.)

Update: Once again technology fails me, and my stubborn nails are...as always...stubborn. The treatment resisted on them for about 5 days. In the last 2, it started cracking, revealing massive exfoliation under the first layer of my nail. I had to cut them short and they still exfoliated. I don't think I'm not going to apply it for the next week (I want some sort of nail there). I think I'm going to use it just as a top coat (because it lasted so much). For what it was meant...hate it!!

Hope this was helpful.
Kissu.

No comments:

Post a Comment