March 14, 2010

Goth Glam

For all those that want to go for a more heavy look or a look that works at raves and concerts, keep on reading! I opted for this look because of the party my friend held for her birthday. I wouldn't wear this during the day or even at night, if I didn't have the occasion. Even now it was more for fun and blend two requests I had for a dark eye and how to get nude lips. But let's get to work!

With a black pencil I contoured my eye with a more thick line and used a pencil brush to blend and smudge it. In the crease I used a gray shadow and on the smudged pencil a black shadow, but placed as close to the lash line as possible. Under the brow and in the inner corner use a white color to brighten the look. With a fluffy brush blend it all until you have no more harsh lines. Take a liquid, creme or gel based liner and line your upper lash line, but don't make a tail in order not to over do the eye. With a waterproof pencil line your waterline and, with care, the lash line. Plenty of mascara and your done.


I also applied false lashes, but I was in a hurry and glued the left one a little bit to close to the inner corner. So be careful not to make my mistake! After the glue is dry, you can apply another thin layer of liquid liner, to cover the strip of the lashes and the glue.


To make my lips so nude I used a simple technique. Before I started doing my face I applied some lip balm to condition my lips. By the time I got to them, they absorbed the formula. For this you can use foundation (any kind), concealer or lip erasers. Since you can't find here lip erasers and my foundation is more on the sheer side, I opted for concealer. I used the product on my lip in the amount, I felt, best covered them up. To fix it, I used some mineral powder on top of it. This "combo" (to many games played, sorry :D ) is drying for the delicate skin, that is why I used a balm before, and also to prevent the unaesthetic look of dry chipped lips. After that, I pressed once harder on a lilac colored lipstick with my finger, and placed it in the middle of my lips, to give them some dimension. You can do this with any other color or even put lipgloss on top!

For the hair tutorial please follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmynRJPl3Q4 I LOOOOVEEE FAUX MOHAWK!!

And so...your done!!

What I used:

Face: * Artistry Self Defining Sheer Foundation, shade Porcelain, mixed with L'oreal Visible Lift, shade 105 Porcelain;
* Elf All Over Cover Stick, shade Fair;
* Rimmel London, Lasting Finish Minerals Loose powder, shade 103 True Ivory;
* Beja Cosmetics, shade 2;
* Miss Sporty, Bronzing Powder, shade Sun Kissed;
* ELF Bronzing Powder, shade Luminance.

Eyes: * Farmasi Eye Pencil, shade 110 (black);
* Forres Cosmetics, shade Gray;
* L'Oreal Color Trio, Oriental Beauty for Hazel eyes (the blak shadow);
* Dior Pallet (the white shade);
* E. Funkhouser creme eye liner, shade Graphite;
* Maybelline NY, Unstoppable Eyeliner, shade Onyx;
* Miss Sporty, Pump Up Lashes, shade 001 black;
* Essence Brow Kit.

Lips: * Elf All Over Cover Stick, shade Fair;
* Rimmel London, Lasting Finish Minerals Loose powder, shade 103 True Ivory;
* Oriflame Matt Glam Lipstick, shade Bette.

Hope this was helpful! Have a nice week!
Kissu.

No comments:

Post a Comment